Monday, July 16, 2012

Discouragement in the homeschool

As a homeschooling mother, it is often hard not to get discouraged at least a couple times throughout the school year.  Whether it be a difficult child, or a subject that someone just doesn't seem to comprehend, burnout or something else, we all seem to suffer from it at one point or another.  During these times it can be difficult to keep your motivation levels up, to be positive and encouraging to your children, to be supportive and respectful to your spouse, many things suffer when discouragement occurs in your homeschool.  Sometimes during these times I will try and spend more time on my devotionals, sometimes we just take a small break for a few days, but what I find the most helpful is making connections with other homeschool moms for encouragement and reading 'Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit' by Teri Maxwell.  This book has refueled me many times.  I guess my point here is that you aren't alone, not only have others experienced this as well, but God is always right there beside you, these are the times you just need to lean on Him. Feel free to comment below any discouragement or encouragement you would like to share with others. Blessings all my fellow homeschoolers!

No comments: